|From the Kitchen of "Chef" Norm
My final plating (really bowling)
|Source (if known): Real Simple Magazine, February 2010
and below link:
|My notes: I made this for the first time in June 2011
after finding it in a magazine in a waiting room. It turned out
very good. We had a three cheese bread with it and a salad.
4 servings, recipe said 30 minutes prep and 30 minutes to cook. Pretty
close on the time. I did a lot of prep earlier, like deveining the shrimp.
Also, I had large shrimp and butterflied them and cut in half.
2 tablespoons unsalted
(white and light green parts), chopped
kosher salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose
bottle clam juice
3 cups whole
1 pound potatoes,
peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 pound cooked
peeled and deveined medium shrimp
package frozen corn
2 tablespoons chopped
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh
lemon juice (I used bottled)
bread, for serving (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, fennel, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5
minutes. Stir in the flour.
- Add the clam juice, milk, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and corn and cook until the potatoes are
tender and the shrimp and corn are heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice. Serve with the bread (if
Cooking leeks and fennel till tender
Adding the milk and potatoes
Adding the shrimp